You may have a few (or several) questions regarding the Communication Major. Maybe you are curious about the discipline. Maybe you want to know about the courses that we offer. Or maybe it's "What can I do with this degree?"
Why attend USC Aiken to study Communication? You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with outstanding faculty, including a two-time recipient of the USC Aiken Teaching Excellence Award.
- Develop your communication and leadership skills.
- Department faculty are dedicated to helping you learn and achieve your goals. We strive to be innovative teachers who use active and experiential teaching tools to promote understanding and application.
- Co-curricular activities like the Pacer Times student newspaper, Lambda Pi Eta honor society, International Association of Business Communicators, and other organizations provide opportunities to apply your knowledge.
- Learn with others who are supportive, helpful and capable. Our students have been recognized for leadership excellent and have won awards from the South Carolina Press Association and the South Carolina College Speech Association
- Make a difference in the community by participating in service organizations or classroom-based service-learning.
- Obtain one of several academic scholarships we offer each year to communications majors at the sophomore level and above
FAQs asked by Non-Majors
FAQs asked by Communication Majors