- Help Desk
- New Students
- Current Students
- Alumni Students
- Faculty and Staff
- CSD Staff
- CSD Administrative Offices
- Software and Hardware Discounts
- Cyber Security Training
- Workshops and Training
- Find Us On...
- ---- Yammer
|Updated: Sat Sep 15 16:49:25 EDT 2012|
Computer Services strongly encourages you to develop a strategy to keep your mailbox within acceptable limits. The autoarchive feature in the Microsoft Outlook e-mail client automates the process of moving older items from your mailbox on the Exchange server to the personal folders stored on your computer's hard drive. When enabled and properly configured, it will make ensuring that your mailbox size is always within acceptable limits a much easier task.
(For Full-screen click on lower right of video. To exit Full-screen press the ESC key.)
Or you can follow the instructions below:
- In Outlook, select tools and options.
- Select the other tab, and click "AutoArchive"
- Configure the options in the autoarchive dialog box with the following suggested settings:
- Check "Run autoarchive every 30 days".
- Check "Prompt before AutoArchive runs".
- Uncheck "Delete expired items (e-mail folders only)".
- Check "Show archive in folder list".
- Set to clean out items older than 3 months.
- Select "Move old items to" and choose a location for your archived files. This can be a PST file you created for personal use as documented in the Moving mail to a PST file in Outlook article, or the default one created specifically by the AutoArchive function.
- Click "Apply these settings to all folders now".
- Finally, click OK to close the dialog box.
|CAMPUS PHONES: 4357 (HELP) NON-CAMPUS PHONES: 803-641-3391 E-MAIL: HELP@USCA.EDU|