Get Help with Email Accounts
|Page Last Updated: Thu May 25 16:02:54 EDT 2017
Access Student Email from your Phone or Mobile Device
Most students will want to access their Student Email account from a phone or other mobile device. Setup for this is fairly easy. You'll find complete instructions for the most common devices on the Access Student Email from Phone page. For other devices, or if you run into a problem with setup, check out Microsoft's Office Web App Help page.
Troubleshooting Student Email
Having a problem logging into your Office 365 email account? While most students are able to log in for the first time without issue, some do still run into a problem. If you have any issues with your first login, please take the following troubleshooting steps. These are the same steps we will walk you through if you call the Help Desk for assistance. If you're still unable to login, give us a call or stop by, and let us know what you found while completing these steps.
Basic email troubleshooting
- To access email, you should go to: http://office.com or just click the Student Email link at the bottom of the USCA homepage.
- You use information from your PacerStudent Account to log into email.
- Use your full email address (your PacerStudent username followed by @usca.edu) as your username when logging in. For example, email@example.com
- Use your PacerStudent Account password when logging in. This is the same password you'd use to log into a campus computer or campus Wi-Fi.
- Wait at least 5-minutes after resetting your password to log into email. It's better to wait up to 10-minutes though just to be safe.
- It's best to choose a password that begins with a letter. Some passwords beginning with a number will not work across all systems.
- Can you log into campus Wi-Fi or a campus computer with the same password you're using to try to log into email?
Newly Admitted or Transferring?
Has it been at least 72-hours since you were accepted? If not, you should check back again in a day or two.
Transfer and "Change of Campus" Students may also run into issues if they were not properly released from their previous campus before being accepted by the USC Aiken Office of Admissions. Even if you only took college credit courses in high school, the system may still treat you as a "change of campus" student. Please call your old Admissions Office to ensure you were properly released. Then contact the USC Aiken Office of Admissions at 803-641-3366. Explain the issue you're having to them and let them know the Help Desk has asked you to check that you are properly accepted after a transfer. Once this is completed, please try the steps above again.
Still can't get in?
If you are still unable to log into email after completing all of the steps above, please contact the Help Desk with any issues you've found during troubleshooting. Having this information will allow us to quickly assist you in resolving the issue. We may be able to help you directly ourselves, or we may get this information from you to work with our counterparts in Columbia to resolve the issue.
8am - 8pm Monday -Thursday
8am - 5pm Friday
Closed Saturday - Sunday
Closed Campus Holidays
The Help Desk is located in B&E Suite 238
803-641-3391 from non-campus phones
x4357 from campus phones
After-Hours Outage Reporting
Call or Text 803-265-5266