Koffi B. FADIMBA, Ph. D.
Aiken, SC 29801
Tel: (803) 641 3537
Applied Mathematics, Numerical Methods for
Ph.D. in Mathematics (option: Applied
· August 2008-Present
· August 2002 – August 2008
Lecturer (Exchange Scholar)
Assistant Professor with tenure
(Maître-Assistant: Midway between the
ranks of Assistant Professor and Associate Professor in the
· University of Bordeaux I, 33405 Talence, France
DEA Mathématiques Appliquées (MS in Applied Mathematics) 1982
Maîtrise MAF (Math et Applications Fondamentales), 1981
Licence de Mathématiques (BA in Mathematics), 1980
Licence ès lettres (BS): Techniques de la communication et de l’information 1980
DUES – MP (Diplôme Universitaire d’Etudes Supérieures Mathématiques et Physiques: Pre-Math/Pre-Engineering Degree), 1977
Baccalauréat Série C (
· August 2008 – Present
Associate Professor, University of South Carolina Aiken
· August 2002-August 2008
Lecturer (Exchange Scholar), University of Rhode Island
· September 1994 – September 1996
Assistant Professor (Maitre – Assistant Délégué), University of Lomé (Togo)
· September 1996-August 2000
Maître-Assistant (Assistant Professor with tenure)
Research Associate University of South Carolina,
Analysis, Algebra (linear and abstract), Differential Equations
(elementary and advanced), Introductory Computer Science and Programming,
Numerical Analysis, Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations,
Mathematics for Engineering Students (Applied Linear Algebra, Fourier Series,
Fourier Transform, Laplace Transform, etc), Advanced Engineering
Mathematics, Calculus I, II &
Programming in C, Matlab, Maple, Mathematica
Registered on the LAFMA (Liste d’Aptitude pour la Fonction de Maître-Assistant : Aptitude List for Confirmed
Selected Publications and Research
K. B. FADIMBA, An Analysis for a Formulation of the Porous Medium Equation, Preprint (2012), accepted, to appear in in Book: Focus on Porous Media Research, editor, Nova Science Publishers, Inc. (by invitation only)
K. B. FADIMBA, A Linear Backward Euler Scheme for a class of Degenerate Advection-Diffusion Equations: A Mathematical Analysis of the Convergence in and in , Preprint (2012), submitted
K. B. FADIMBA, Convergence Estimates for a Linear Backward Euler Scheme for the Saturation Equation, The Open Applied Physics Journal (2012), 5, pp. 41-53
K. B. FADIMBA, Pressure/Saturation System for Immiscible Flow: Uniqueness Revisited , Applied Mathematics (2011), 2, pp.541-550..
K. B. FADIMBA, A Linear Backward Euler Scheme for the Saturation Equation: Regularity Results and Consistency, Journal of Computational and Applied 234 (2010), pp 272-282
K. B. FADIMBA, On existence and uniqueness for a coupled system modeling immiscible flow through a porous medium, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 328 (2007), pp 1034-1056.
K. B. FADIMBA, Error Analysis for a Galerkin method applied to a coupled nonlinear system of degenerate advection-diffusion equations, Comput. Methods Appl. Math 6(1) (2006), pp. 3--30.
K. B. FADIMBA, Linearization of a Backward Euler Scheme for a Class of Degenerate Nonlinear Advection-Convection Equations, Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods &.Applications, Vol. 63 (5-7) (2005), pp e1097-e1106.
K. B. FADIMBA and Robert C. SHARPLEY, Galerkin Finite Element Method for a Class of Porous Medium Equations, Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications 5 (2004), pp. 355-387
K. B. FADIMBA,
Error Estimates for a Regularization of a Class of Porous Medium Equations,
IMHOTEP, J. Afr. Math.
K. B. FADIMBA, Sur l’opérateur de résolution de Poisson ,
J. Rech. Sci. Univ.
K. B. FADIMBA and
Robert C. SHARPLEY, A Priori Estimates
and Regularization for a Class of porous Medium Equations , Nonlin.
K.B. FADIMBA Code for a class of nonlinear degenerate advection-diffusion equation In preparation.
· Project Title: Numerical Treatment of a Decoupled Scheme for a system of Nonlinear Advection-Diffusion Equations, (Version 2), for ASPIRE 2012, not funded, but commanded by the reviewers
· Project Title: Numerical Treatment of a Decoupled Scheme for a system of Nonlinear Advection-Diffusion Equations, (revised), for PIRA 2010, not funded
· Project Title: Error Analysis and Numerical Solutions for a Linearization for a Backward Scheme for a Class of Porous Medium Equations, funded in part by the USCA Research and Grant Support Program, Summer 2004
· Project Title: Error Analysis and Numerical Solutions for a Linearization for a Backward Scheme for a Class of Porous Medium Equations, funded in part by USC Research And Productive Scholarship Program, Summer 2005
· Project Title: Numerical Analysis for a Class of Porous Medium Equations, submitted to the USCA Research and Grant Support Program, Spring 2006, not funded.
APROMAT (Association des Professeurs de Mathématiques du Togo)
French (official language of
Tel: (803) 777 6268
Selected Awards and Honors
· AP Calculus Reader, June 2012, Kansas City, Missouri
· Nominated for Excellence in Teaching Award 2012
· AP Calculus Reader, June 2011, Kansas City, Missouri
(Statistical and Applied Mathematical Sciences Institute) Award to participate
at the Interdisciplinary Workshop for Undergraduate Students and
· Nominated for Excellence in Teaching Award 2011
· Nominated for Excellence in Teaching Award 2010
· Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, 2006-2007
· Who’s Who in American Education, 2007-2008
· Reviewer Mathematical Reviews 2006 -
· Who’s Who in America, Edition 2005-2007
· Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers (2005)
· Postdoctoral Fellowship (PICS: Partnership in Computational Sciences) 1993-1994, University of South Carolina, Columbia SC, and Institute for Scientific Computation, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
1. SIAM-SEAS regional annual meeting, University of Alabama, Huntsville, March 2012
Paper presented: A Discrete Regularity Result for a Linear Scheme for the Saturation Equation
2. MAA-SE regional annual meeting, Morrow, GA, March 2012
3. SEARCDE (SouthEastern Atlantic Regional Conference) 2011, Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA, September 2011
Paper presented: A Priori Estimates for a Numerical Approximation of a Class of Nonlinear Degenerate Advection-Diffusion Equations
SAMSI (Statistical and Applied Mathematical Sciences
Institute) Interdisciplinary Workshop for Undergraduate Students and
SIAM-SEAS Meeting, March 2011, UNC
Paper presented: Regularity Results for the Continuous Galerkin Method for the Saturation Equation
6. AMS-SE sectional meeting, Georgia Southern University, March 2011
NSF – CBMS Regional Conference on Mathematics of Diffusion, Tulane University,
18th IMACS World Congress,
Presentation: On Uniqueness for Immiscible Two-Phase Flow through Porous Media.
33rd SIAM-SEAS annual meeting,
Presentation: A Linear and Decoupled Scheme for the Pressure/Saturation System Modeling Immiscible Flow through Porous Media
Paper Presented: Immiscible Two-Phase Flow Through Porous Media: A case of Uniqueness of a Solution
(American Institute of Mathematical Sciences) 7th International
Conference on Dynamical Systems, Differential
Equations and Applications,
12. AIM (American Institute of Mathematics) Workshop on Ferroelectric Phenomena in Soft Matter, Palo Alto, CA, May 2008
Annual Meeting, Citadel,
Paper presented: A linearization of a Backward Euler Scheme for the Saturation Equation: Regularity Results and Consistency
14. NSF-CBMS Regional Conference on Numerical Methods for Nonlinear Elliptic Equations, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, May 2007.
Paper Presented: A linearization of a Backward Euler Scheme for the Saturation Equation: A Regularity Result
16. NSF-CBMS Regional Conference in Mathematical Sciences on Mathematical and Numerical Treatment of Fluid Flow and Transport in Porous Media, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, May 2006.
17. Joint Annual
Paper presented: Numerical Analysis for a Linearization of a Backward Euler Scheme for a class of Porous Medium Equations.
33. International Council for Science (ICSU) Consultative
Presentation: The Saturation Equation: A fully Discretized and Linearized Scheme
Presentation: Immiscible Two-Phase Flow Through Porous Media: An Attempt to linearize a Resulting Backward Euler Scheme
3. South Carolina State University, Orangeburg,
Presentation: On a Class of Nonlinear Degenerate Equations Modeling Two-Phase Flow through Porous Media