For the printable version of this report click here.

Student/Visitor Accident Reporting Procedures

Workers' Compensation Forms

Employee Injury Report (HR-81B)

Supervisor Report (HR-81C)

Physician's Report (HR-81A)

A Quick Reference: On-the-Job Injuries

Please feel free to print this reference guide and post it where your workers can see it.

  • Tell your supervisor about the injury immediately.
  • Get immediate medical attention. You must receive treatment at the Family MedCenter of Aiken if during normal business hours or at the Aiken Regional Medical Center if after normal business hours unless the nature of the injury dictates otherwise.
  • Tell the doctor you were injured on the job.
  • As soon as possible, complete an Employee Injury Report and give it to your supervisor.
  • Give your supervisor any statements you receive from your doctor concerning your condition, or your return to work status.
  • If your doctor says you must miss work due to the injury, complete a Workers' Compensation Benefits Election form at the bottom of the Employee Injury Report, stating whether you want to use annual leave and/or sick leave, or receive Workers' Compensation.
  • Supervisors must complete an Injury Report for the employee as well.
  • For more information, e-mail or call the Human Resources department at 803-641-3317.

What is Workers' Compensation?

If you are injured on the job you may be eligible for Workers' Compensation benefits. When work-related accidents or injuries happen, employers are required by state law to make sure an injured employee is provided necessary protection and care.
Benefits may include payment for medical treatment, replacement of lost wages during periods of disability, and compensation for permanent disability. Injured employees should immediately report any on-the-job injury to their supervisor and seek medical treatment. All injuries must be reported, regardless of their severity. If you have additional questions, call or e-mail Human Resources at 803-641-3317.

What do I do if I'm injured on the job?

When an Injury Occurs

Immediately tell your supervisor if you are injured on the job so that medical treatment may be authorized and a Workers' Compensation claim filed. Failure to immediately report the injury may deprive you of the right to compensation.

Complete an Employee Injury Report and give it to your supervisor. The Benefits Office must report this injury to the S.C. Workers' Compensation Commission within 10 days.

Who Is Covered for What?

In general, all employees of the University of South Carolina who are paid through the University payroll system are covered by Workers' Compensation. Any accidental injury or occupational disease sustained by employees in the course of performing their job duties may be covered.

How do I get medical treatment?

Receiving Medical Treatment

You must receive medical treatment for work related injuries at the medical facility designated for your campus.

Family MedCenters of Aiken
216 Edgefield Ave., NW
Aiken, SC 29801

Family MedCenters of Aiken
2678 Whiskey Rd.
Aiken, SC 29803

If the injury occurs when the designated facility is closed, or if the injury is serious, you should go to the emergency room at the Aiken Regional Medical Center.

Once treatment has begun, you may not see a new doctor unless you are referred by the original treating doctor, or with the approval of the State Accident Fund.