Scholarships for Veterans
2016-2017 Bridge the Gap Scholarship Award recipients
BRIDGE THE GAP SCHOLARSHIP
Each year the University of South Carolina Aiken Veteran and Military Student Success, in partnership with the Aiken-Augusta Wounded Warrior Charity Golf Classic Committee, awards several scholarships to Military Veteran/Active Duty students. These scholarships are merit based and documented financial need based. Awards will be given to students based on merit, a documented financial need, or both factors. However, all these scholarships take into account the student’s honorable military record of service and potential capacity to continue his or her success as a civilian. Students may receive this scholarship more than once.
The eligibility requirements for the Bridge the Gap Scholarship are:
- Enrolled at University of South Carolina Aiken as a Full-Time Student for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Military Veteran and or Active Duty Service Member (DD214 or Active Duty Military I.D Card are used to verify this requirement)
- Preference given to veteran/service member with Service Connected Disability (Veterans Affairs Rating Letter is used to verify this requirement)
Application Dates: April 26, 2016 – 12:00pm July 1, 2016
ASSOCIATION OF THE UNITED STATES ARMY
BOB SNEAD MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
A $2000.00 scholarship will be awarded to two eligible participants. The scholarship may be used for tuition, fees, or books within one academic year.
The eligibility requirements for the Bob Snead Memorial Scholarship are :
- Fort Gordon Active Duty or Reserve military personnel or a direct family member of an Active Duty or Reserve military. (spouse or child)
- Be enrolled in an accredited, degree producing college or university.
- Must have attended the accredited college or university for at least one term and have received at least a 2.0 grade point. (Special exceptions may be made for new high school graduates with significant AP or college credit.)
- May be either an undergraduate or graduate student.
Application deadline : May 16, 2016
Marines' Memorial Association 2016-2017
The Marines' Memorial Association will again award over $100,000 in scholarships to our U.S. Military Veterans from all branches. The scholarships are open to veterans with an honorable discharge and active duty personnel from all branches.
The Marines' Memorial Association has a total of 8 scholarships programs for the 2016-2017 academic year. The following scholarship programs are open to all veterans and do not require a membership to the Marines Memorial Association to apply:
THE HAMMER FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP
Eight Hammer Family Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $5,000. All eligible U.S. Veterans who wish to study in the fields of Math, Statistics, Chemistry, Physics, or Engineering (Aerospace, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Materials, or Mechanical) are welcome to apply. James and Linda Hammer are Benefactor Members of the Marines' Memorial Association and are eager to assist student Veterans committed to advancing their education.
THE MEMORIAL TRIBUTE SCHOLARSHIP
Four Memorial Tribute Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $2,500. The Tribute Scholarship is available for military personnel leaving full time service and entering an undergraduate college program. All US military personnel who have transitioned from Active Duty to reserve or civilian status within the past 3 years are eligible to apply.
LINKS TO ONLINE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
To apply for the Hammer Family Scholarship and the Marines' Memorial Tribute Scholarship go to http://mmanetcom.marineclub.com/scholarships/vets
The link to all of the Marines Memorial Association Scholarships: http://mmanetcom.marineclub.com/ScholarshipsHome
If you need additional information about our Scholarships, please call the Marines' Memorial Association Scholarship Fund Program Officer Ms. MacKenzie Jaboubek at (415) 830-9829.
Scholarships are updated often, please contact the VMSSC at (803) 643-6767 or VMSS@usca.edu for further information.