Scholarships for Veterans
Google has an upcoming scholarship in the amount of $10,000.00, to be awarded to 8 lucky veteran students throughout the U.S.!
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited four-year university for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-¬time student at a university in the United States for the 2018-¬2019 academic year
Maintain strong academic performance.
- Be pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field*
- Be a current student veteran (includes members of the National Guard or Reserve), as proven by a DD-214 and transcript, OR be a student on Active Duty as proven by submission of Active Duty orders and a Memorandum of Understanding from your commanding officer indicating that you are in good standing with your unit, and transcript
have received an honorable discharge, or currently be in good standing with his/her branch of service
- Current copy of resume/CV
- Unofficial copy of current university transcripts
- One letter of reference from a professor, advisor or supervisor
- You must arrange for one letter of reference to be submitted via the link provided below. All letters must be sent by the author, signed by the author, and be on official letterhead. Letters can also be mailed to:
Student Veterans of America
c/o Google SVA Scholarship Committee
1012 14th Street NW
Washington, D.C 20005
- DD 214 or Active Duty orders and Memorandum of Understanding from your commanding officer
- Responses to five (5) essay questions (compiled into one document)
Please answer the following questions thoroughly, yet succinctly (200-300 words per essay question).
- How did you become interested in computer science, and what are your goals or aspirations when you think about pursuing a degree in this field? In your answer, please describe how your experiences have influenced the goals you have for yourself.
- Please describe the most significant computer science project or research you have worked on, how you approached key technical challenges, and what you gained from the experience. It might have been a class assignment, a research project or work as an intern. If the project was team-based, specify your individual role and contributions in the project.
- Please give us one example of how you have exhibited leadership. Explain how you were influential, what you were trying to achieve and the impact you had as a result. These need not be demonstrated through formal or traditional leadership roles. Think broadly and examine the many ways you are having an effect on the members of your technical community, your university or your broader community.
- As a Google SVA Scholar, you will have the opportunity to have an impact supporting student veterans in the field of technology. How do you view yourself as being able to contribute towards supporting veterans in tech, and what ideas do you have that the community of Google SVA scholars could do to contribute? Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales.
- What impact would receiving this scholarship have on your education? Describe any circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship and what educational goals this scholarship will enable you to accomplish.
Deadline for the submissions for this scholarship is November 1st @12PM EST
Please click on the link below to apply:
BRIDGE THE GAP SCHOLARSHIP
Each year the University of South Carolina Aiken Veteran and Military Student Success, in partnership with the Aiken-Augusta Warrior Charity Golf Classic Committee, awards several scholarships to Military Veteran/Active Duty students. These scholarships are merit based and documented financial need based. Awards will be given to students based on merit, a documented financial need, or both factors. However, all these scholarships take into account the student’s honorable military record of service and potential capacity to continue his or her success as a civilian. Students may receive this scholarship more than once.
The eligibility requirements for the Bridge the Gap Scholarship are:
- Enrolled at University of South Carolina Aiken as a Full-Time Student for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Military Veteran and or Active Duty Service Member (DD214 or Active Duty Military I.D Card are used to verify this requirement)
- Preference given to veteran/service member with Service Connected Disability (Veterans Affairs Rating Letter is used to verify this requirement)
Application Dates: April 26, 2018 – 12:00pm July 1, 2018
Marines' Memorial Association 2018-2019
The Marines' Memorial Association will again award over $100,000 in scholarships to our U.S. Military Veterans from all branches. The scholarships are open to veterans with an honorable discharge and active duty personnel from all branches.
The Marines' Memorial Association has a total of 8 scholarships programs for the 2018-2019 academic year. The following scholarship programs are open to all veterans and do not require a membership to the Marines Memorial Association to apply:
THE HAMMER FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP
Eight Hammer Family Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $5,000. All eligible U.S. Veterans who wish to study in the fields of Math, Statistics, Chemistry, Physics, or Engineering (Aerospace, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Materials, or Mechanical) are welcome to apply. James and Linda Hammer are Benefactor Members of the Marines' Memorial Association and are eager to assist student Veterans committed to advancing their education.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Hammer Family Scholarship and the Marines' Memorial Tribute Scholarship go to http://mmanetcom.marineclub.com/scholarships/vets
THE MEMORIAL TRIBUTE SCHOLARSHIP
Four Memorial Tribute Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $2,500. The Tribute Scholarship is available for military personnel leaving full time service and entering an undergraduate college program. All US military personnel who have transitioned from Active Duty to reserve or civilian status within the past 3 years are eligible to apply.
LINKS TO ONLINE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
The link to all of the Marines Memorial Association Scholarships: http://mmanetcom.marineclub.com/ScholarshipsHome
If you need additional information about our Scholarships, please call the Marines' Memorial Association Scholarship Fund Program Officer Ms. MacKenzie Jaboubek at (415) 830-9829.
Scholarships are updated often, please connect with us on our Facebook page for updates, or contact us at our office for more information.