Benefits for Veterans
CHAPTER 30 - The Montgomery GI Bill (“new” GI Bill)
- The Montgomery GI Bill (“new” GI Bill): This program provides educational benefits for individuals entering the military service after June 30, 1985. (Reservists and National Guard members should refer to Chapter 1606 below).
NOTE: Any previous recipient of “old” GI Bill benefits should report them as Chapter 30 on this form.
CHAPTER 31 – Vocational Rehabilitation for Service-Disabled Veterans
- This program is for individuals who have a compensable service connected disability, and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs determines that training and rehabilitation services are needed to overcome an employment handicap. Students reporting this benefit must report monthly subsistence allowance on this form.
CHAPTER 33 – Post – 9/11 GI Bill
CHAPTER 35 – Dependents Educational Assistance Program
- This program is for dependents (spouse or children) of individuals who die or are permanently and totally disabled from service connected causes.
CHAPTER 1606 – Montgomery GI Bill: Selected Reserve (old Chapter 1606)
- This program is available to members of the Selected Reserve including the National Guard.
CHAPTER 1607 – Reserve Educational Assistance Program
- This benefit is for a Reservist called to active duty to support contingency operations.