Doctoral Degree (Ph.D.)
The University of Toledo. Curriculum & Instruction (Minor: Research & Measurement; Emphases: Science Education & Educational Psychology). June, 1997. Dissertation: Teachers' Beliefs Regarding the Implementation of Constructivism in their Classroom.
Master's Degree (M.Ed.)
The University of Toledo. Secondary Education. June, 1995. Thesis: Teachers' Beliefs Regarding the Implementation of Personal Relevance in their Classroom.
Bachelor's Degree (B.S.)
Bowling Green State University. Secondary Education with Comprehensive Science certification (grades 7-12). August, 1989. National Student Exchange - New Mexico State University, Fall Semester, 1987.
University of South Carolina Aiken
July 2015 – present
- Dean, School of Education
University of South Carolina Upstate
April 2014 – June 2015
- Interim Vice Chancellor/Executive Director, USC Upstate, Greenville campus
July 2007 – June 2015
- Full professor, tenured (awarded 2008), School of Education
- Director of Teacher Education Programs, Greenville campus
- Director, Middle Level & Secondary Education Programs (2007- 2013)
August 2003 – June 2007
- Associate professor, tenure-track, School of Education
- Director, Middle Level & Secondary Education Programs
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
July 2002 – August 2003
- Associate professor, tenured, Department of Educational Studies August 1996 – June 2002
- Assistant professor, Department of Educational Studies