1984 University of South Carolina, M.A. in Elementary Education
1981 University of South Carolina, B.A. in Early Childhood Education
Certified in Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education
- 2015 – present: Coordinator of Bridgestone Environmental Education Program (BEEP). Duties include developing, scheduling, and presenting programs at the Aiken Bridgestone plants as well as instructing programs at STEP (SRS and Silver Bluff Audubon) and RPSEC.
- 2014-2015: RPSEC Student Programs Specialist/BEEP Instructor. Duties included instructing BEEP, STEP, and RPSEC programs.
- 2000-2014: Classroom teacher at Aiken Elementary, 3rd-5th grades. Duties included serving as the Science Fair coordinator, Outdoor Classroom Coordinator, Cooperating Teacher for Student Interns, and Student Council advisor.
- 1991-2000: Stay-At-Home Mother
- 1981-1991: Classroom teacher at Laurens St/Aiken Elementary, 3rd-4th grades. Duties included serving as a member of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) accreditation team.
Staff Development Leadership and Participation
- 2013-2014 member of Aiken County District Curriculum Team for American History
- 2011-2012 Aiken Co. District Teaching American History Grant workshops participant
- 2010-2011 conducted a series of writing workshops for Aiken Elementary fifth grade teachers
- 2011 Planned and coordinated poetry workshops by two nationally known poets for teachers and for students of East Aiken Elem. and Aiken Elem.
- 2010 Conducted staff development workshop for Aiken County fourth grade teachers on the use of notebooking in science and social studies
- 2010 Aiken Writing Project at USC-Aiken participant
- 2009 Science P.L.U.S. Institute at Roper Mountain participant
- 2008 Participant in the "Hands-on, Minds-on" graduate class through the College of Charleston
- 2007 Conducted a staff development workshop for Aiken Elementary's faculty on use of the Outdoor Classroom
- 2006 Conducted technology in-service for Aiken Elementary's faculty
- Donor's Choose Grant 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- DHEC Recycling Education Grant 2010
- Junior Women's Club Grant 2007, 2009
- Aububon Society Grants 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- W-SRC Excellence-In-Teaching mini-grant 2008, 2014
- EIA Grant 2008
- Target Field Trip Grant 2007, 2010
Awards and Honors
- Aiken County Teacher of the Year Honor Council, 2010-2011
- Champions Award from Public Education Partners, 2010-2011
- Teacher of the Year for Aiken Elementary, 2010-2011
- Spirit of Ruth Patrick Award, 2009
- C. S.R.A. Environmental Teacher of the Year, 2008
- Teacher of the Year for Aiken Elementary, 1990-1991
- National Science Teachers Association