Students walking in The Alley in Downtown Aiken

What kind of (transfer) student am I?

Office of Admissions

If you have attended another college and come to the conclusion that USC Aiken would be a better fit for you, we welcome you to apply as a transfer student. Transfer students are especially welcome on campus for their fresh perspective, maturity and focus. Here is the information you will need to find out about the possibility of transferring to USC Aiken.

What kind of (transfer) student am I?

Transfer :  If you have attended another college level institution and attempted one or more courses, regardless of credit earned, you are a transfer student.  If you have attempted less than 24 semester hours of college level work, you must meet both transfer and freshman entrance requirements.
Readmit :  If you have missed a major semester (fall or spring) or more at USC Aiken or any other USC campus, you are a readmitting student.  If you have attempted work at any other non-USC institution, you will need to submit transcripts from those institutions.
Change of Campus :  If you are currently enrolled at another USC campus, you are a change of campus student.  Students with less than 24 semester hours of non-developmental coursework must also meet freshman admissions requirements.

Transient Admissions :  If you are attending another college or university and would like to enroll at USC Aiken for one regular semester or two summer terms before returning to your college or university, you are a transient student.
Non-Degree Seeking :  If you are wishing to take a course(s) for personal enrichment or professional enhancement, you are a non-degree seeking student.  Entrance exams, transcripts, and recommendations are generally not required.
Applications and all supporting documents for fall semester must be submitted by July 1 and for spring semester by December 1.

See courses that are transferable from South Carolina technical colleges

Frequently Asked Questions

USC Aiken requires at least 24 hours of transferable courses (excluding remedial courses) with a 2.0 or higher GPA on the work transferred for credit. We will evaluate the last 24 transferrable hours of credit completed based solely on your college work. If you have less than 24 hours, we will also need your final high school transcript and test scores and you will need to meet freshman requirements in addition to having a 2.0 on transferable coursework.

You must meet transfer requirements for the non-USC Aiken work and complete a re-admit application. You will be evaluated first on your transfer work and then subsequently on your USC Aiken work. If your USC Aiken work is below requirements, you may be able to petition for readmission.

There are certain specific steps you’ll need to take and a special application to complete. Do not submit a transfer or readmit application, but indicate Change of Campus on the application for admission.

The Admissions staff at the University of South Carolina Aiken understands that the college selection process can be overwhelming. Our staff is dedicated and prepared to help you with information about the University and our admissions process.

Your enrollment counselor is your personal contact at USC Aiken. If you have a specific question, please feel free to contact him/her.

Find Your Enrollment Counselor

Contact Admissions Staff