The Office of Alumni Relations is always happy to discuss unique ways to help USCA alumni show their appreciation for the school that means so much to all of us. Whether through traditional monetary donations, volunteering your time to help out on campus, coming out to cheer on a Pacer athletic team, watching a play at the Etherredge Center, or viewing the stars at the DuPont Planetarium, every alumnus and alumna can make a difference!
Below are a few of the ways you can support the University through your time, experience or resources. Some of these ideas require very little time or effort, but can bring tremendous benefit to our alma mater. You can make a difference!
- Help recruit future USC Aiken students, and encourage a prospective student to visit campus.
- Encourage your company/organization to participate in career fairs and to provide internships and jobs USC Aiken students and graduates.
- Volunteer to serve as a Mentor. Departments and programs need mentors for their students from time to time. Let us know of your interest and expertise.
Attend or Host Events
- Encourage friends and classmates to attend Homecoming, participate in the Golf Classic, or donate to the Pacers and Polo Silent Auction.
- Support Pacer Athletics. Attend and cheer loudly at games!
- Attend and promote USC Aiken cultural activities such as theatrical performances, musical events, literary readings, lectures and art gallery openings.
- Attend a USC Aiken alumni event in your area. Take a fellow alum with you.
- Visit campus and stop by the Alumni Office in the Alumni House. You are always welcome at USC Aiken!
- Take advantage of the many opportunities sponsored by the Ruth Patrick Science Education Center.
- Host USC Aiken alumni gatherings. Contact our Alumni Director if you are interested in hosting an event in your area.
Stay Connected and Stay Informed
- Submit a Class Note to the USC Aiken Magazine to tell fellow alumni about personal achievements, marriages, births and other news.
- Read the USC Aiken Magazine and our monthly e-newsletter- and share them with a friend or prospective student when finished.
- Stay educated about USC Aiken; share what you know with others.
- Identify future leaders for the Alumni Council or other alumni volunteer boards/councils.
Show your Pacer Spirit
- Wear Pacer clothing and/or display USC Aiken memorabilia at home and at work. USC Aiken merchandise can be purchased at the Pacer Shoppe, USC Aiken's Bookstore.
- Contact a former professor or staff member and say thanks for his/her teaching and mentoring.