Departmental scholarships are awarded annually in the areas of biology and geology. Scholarship recipient are selected based on a number of criteria that may include scholarship requirements, financial need, academic performance, and areas of interest/work. Some awards are dependent on donor funds and may not be available every year.
- A call for scholarship applications will be made each year during the spring semester.
- Student applications will be reviewed by a Biology/Geology faculty Scholarship and Awards Committee.
- The Committee will recommend individual students for awards based on scholarship criteria and need.
- All recommendations will be reviewed and voted upon by the faculty of the Department of Biology and Geology, who will make the final decisions.
- Students who have received an award will be notified by the USC Aiken Financial Aid Office by the end of the spring semester or when funds become available.
- Awards are made in the spring semester and become available during the following academic year. For example, awards made in Spring 2021 will be available in August 2021.
Application for Student Scholarships (PDF)
Send a copy of your completed application form along with the Faculty Recommendation Form to the faculty member that has agreed to recommend you for a scholarship.