Student refunds for tuition are calculated based on total hours you're taking plus the liable portion of your dropped or withdrawn courses.
- Liable hours are calculated as the total hours a student is still registered plus the liable portion of the dropped/withdrawn course(s).
- The liable portion is calculated by multiplying the number of dropped hours by the liability rate (100% minus the refund percentage).
- If you are liable for 12 or more hours, you are not eligible for a refund.
You were originally registered for 16 hours, but dropped six hours so that you are now enrolled in 10 hours.
liable hours = 10 hours + liable portion of six hours
- If your liable hours (10 hours + liable portion) are 12 or more, then no refund is issued.
- If your liable hours (10 hours + liable portion) are less than 12, then you are eligible for a refund.