The following procedures should be adhered to for ALL bulk rate mailings:
- A copy of the mailing has to be sent to the mail clerk before being printed so that the US Post Office can verify and quality the number of pieces and the rate.
- The bulk mail stamp must be printed on the brochure or pamphlets. (No stickers)
- After approval from the US Post Office is obtained the department is responsible for preparing the mail.
- Call the mail clerk and give an estimated time of completion and delivery to the mail room.
- Deliver your properly prepared mailing to the mail room. This should be done at least 48 hours (excluding weekends) prior to the date you want the material to be mailed.
- All out-of-country mail must go first class. The US Post Office does not allow this mail to go bulk.