APAC Return to Pool Plans
- All swimmers should come to practice ready to swim (no changing in locker rooms) and with water bottles filled.
- Coach will ask all swimmers if they are experiencing any symptoms or are feeling at all under the weather. (Any swimmers who are – will be sent immediately home).
- Swimmers and coaches must wash hands (20 seconds or longer) with a disinfectant soap and water before beginning practices.
- Swimmers should not congregate around the pool area prior to practicing. Arrive as close to beginning of practice as possible.
- Swimmers should avoid touching bleachers, ladders, benches etc.
- Swimmers may not attend practice if immediate family members are sick or do not feel well. Swimmers may not attend practice if they have been sick recently.
- Follow directions for spacing and stay 6 feet from other swimmers.
- Avoid physical contact with others (no high fives or shaking hands)
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid sharing food, drinks or towels.
- Follow spacing as presented in the USA Swimming diagrams.
- Leave the facility as soon as reasonably possible.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after leaving the pool.
- Do not change or shower in the locker room.
- No congregating after swimming.
Dryland activities should be outside when possible.
Athletes and Coaches will be the only people allowed in the facility.
ASL Return to Pool Plans
- ASL will be encouraging people to frequently wash their hands using soap and warm water.
- ASL staff/athletes will wear face coverings when unable to remain 6 feet apart. (Though not when in the water)
- ASL will clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces including ladders, slides, and railings between groups coming in/out.
- All ASL Athletes will arrive (while maintaining 6 feet social distancing) via one door (the door that opens up near the pool office, unless otherwise directed by UofSC Aiken staff), and upon arrival, have their temperature taken and asked to verify they have not been experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- ASL will bring in 2 coaches, and 12 athletes at a time. On days that we have an extended block of time, we may bring in multiple groups of 12 athletes, with a 15-20 minute gap between the groups. So Monday 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm, we may have a group of 12 athletes come in for 80 minutes, leave a 20 minute gap to clean/disinfect, and then have another group of 12 athletes come in for 80 minutes.
- All ASL athletes will come to the pool with their suits on, all their own equipment, and 2-3 full water bottles, and will be instructed to not use the locker rooms/water fountains.
- Athletes will be stationed around the pool so as to maintain 6 feet separation at all times, with two athletes per lane, one on each end of the pool.
- When practice is over, athletes will maintain 6 feet of social distance while exiting the facility and going directly to their vehicles.
- Athletes and coaches will be the only people allowed in the facility.
ASL will also follow any further guidelines given to us by the UofSC Aiken staff, as those are facility-driven. We will have our parents/athletes fully briefed on the procedures listed above, and anyone who is unwilling to comply will not be allowed into the facility.