Thank you for your interest in providing job opportunities to USC Aiken Pacers!
Already on Handshake?
If you need assistance, please → contact us directly.
New to Handshake?
Handshake is very user-friendly. It’s easy to create a free employer user account and connect with UofSC Aiken using the following instructions. Please contact us directly if you have any questions.
- Visit their registration page, enter your corporate email address, desired password, and click “Sign Up.”
- Enter the following information, then click on Next: Employer Guidelines. None of this information will be public to students unless you determine to make your profile public.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number: This is a free text field, format as desired
- Job Title: This is your job title and not the job that you are recruiting for
- Types of students you're interested in recruiting on Handshake
- There is no way to add to this list, and the selections you make here do not hinder your ability to recruit students in any way; it's simply used for data purposes.
- Alma Mater & Graduation Year: If your Alma Mater is partnered with Handshake, this will create a contact entry for you at your Alma Mater, listed as an Alumni contact.
*Note: Do not select which schools you're interested in recruiting from here.
- The next page contains instructions on verifying your account via the email address you provided. The email should arrive within 10 minutes and will contain a link enabling you to confirm your account. You must click this link before you can proceed with the registration process.
*Note: If you don't receive a confirmation email, please see Handshake’s Confirmation Email Troubleshooting Guide.
- When the email arrives, click the Confirm Email button to verify your account.
- When you click Confirm Email in your confirmation email, you will be brought back to Handshake. At this point, you'll need to either connect with an existing company profile or create a new company profile if yours doesn't exist in our system. The determination is based on the email you signed up with.
- If your company already exists in our system, the screen will display a list of company profiles associated with your email domain. If there is more than one, review the details for each profile. Click Request to connect with that company profile and then select Next: Connect to Schools.
- If you cannot find the correct company profile to connect with, click on contact us, under the "Not your company?" heading on the right. This will allow you to submit a ticket to our Support Team for further assistance.
- If no company pre-populates, you can use the search bar to find your company. If your company does not exist, you can click the Create New Company button on the right. For more information on creating a new company profile, refer to Handshake’sHow to Create a New Company Profile.
- Once you've requested to connect with or created a new company profile, you will be prompted to choose schools to connect to. You may search for our school name in the search bar at the top of the list.
- UofSC Aiken’s Name in Handshake: University of South Carolina-Aiken
- Finally, click Next: Finish.
- The next page is determined by the company profile connection process.
- If you requested to connect with an existing company that has not configured automatic approval, your request will be sent to the company profile owner for review. For more information, please refer to Pending Approval to Join Company.
- If you requested to connect with an existing company that allows new teammates to be automatically approved based on matching an email domain, you'll be taken to the Handshake homepage and prompted to set up Applicant Status Messaging.
- If you requested to connect with an existing company and you created a new company profile, you'll be taken to your Handshake homepage and prompted to set up Applicant Status Messaging.