1. THE CAROLINACARD: The CarolinaCard is also your official University ID card. It is not transferable (to another person) and must be returned upon request. Because misuse of cards may have a negative impact on both students and the institution in general, students are expected to protect their card and abide by all terms and conditions associated with the use of the CarolinaCard as student identification as found in the Student Handbook, The Carolina Community. The CarolinaCard and its account(s) and all forms, records, and transcripts of its use are the property of the University. Use of the CarolinaCard account may be revoked at any time.
2. THE CAROLINACARD ACCOUNT(S):
a. The Account is a record of pre-deposited funds accessed by the Cardholder for the purpose of purchasing products and services;
b. there is no daily limit on the number of purchases that may be made and debited; however, no debits or charges shall exceed the amount of deposited funds;
c. no interest shall be paid on any balance in the Account(s);
d. the Cardholder understands and agrees that the Account is nontransferable;
e. the Account(s) will be activated automatically upon receipt by the University of an initial deposit;
f. the patron is responsible for monitoring his or her own account balance(s) and for all purchases made.
Deposits may be made as follows:
1. through the University's VIP website; by selecting either of the following options under the financial tab: optional fees (too add money onto your card via your tuition bill during fee payment) or the CarolinaCard options tab at any time with a credit card;
2. in person at the Business Services office in the Penland Administration Building, Suite 114, with check, money order, credit card, or debit card;
3. by telephone with credit card only (1-803-777-1708)
4. by mail addressed to CarolinaCard, Russell House, 1400 Green St, Columbia, SC 29208
3. FEES: There are no charges assessed to the Cardholder for any transaction(s); however, a check presented for deposit into an account which is returned by the bank as uncollectable will be assessed a fee of $30 per check. The Cardholder's account(s) will be deactivated until sufficient funds are deposited by the Cardholder.
4. BALANCES, REFUNDS, RETURNS, AND ACCOUNT CLOSURES:
a. Merchandise may be accepted for return in accordance with the refund policy in effect at the place of purchase of the product(s) or service(s). Any refund(s) shall be credited to the Cardholder's account; no cash refunds will be made for any purchase made with the CarolinaCard.
b. Requests for refunds from your CarolinaCard are granted for graduation, withdrawal from the University, at the end of each academic semester, or termination of employment. Funds left on the CarolinaCard longer than 90 days after graduation, withdrawal from the University, or termination are forfeited and become the property of the University.
5. ACCOUNT ACTIVITY: Activity of your account will be made available to you online via my.carolinacard.sc.edu. Balances given by card readers may not reflect outstanding manual account activity.
6. LOST OR STOLEN CARDS: Lost or stolen cards should be immediately reported to the CarolinaCard office, or reported 24 hours a day at my.carolinacard.sc.edu. You are liable for any unauthorized use of your lost or stolen CarolinaCard and all accounts on it until we are notified. Once notified, we will block your CarolinaCard to prevent unauthorized usage. If you notify our office within two business days after you learn that your card has been lost or stolen, your maximum liability is $50. If you notify us after the second business day but within 60 days of the theft or loss of your card, your maximum liability is $500. If you notify us after 60 days, your liability is unlimited. Replacement cards are $25. Once a new card is made, previous cards cannot be reactivated nor will the $25 fee be rescinded.
7. DAMAGED CARDS: Damaged cards can be replaced at the University Police office during regular business hours. A card is considered damaged when any of the following may apply: the card is broken, bent, holes have been punched in it, it has been misused (for example: torn, chewed, etc.), or warped from the heat (dashboard, clothes dryer). Damaged cards will be replaced for $25. Once a new card is made, previous cards cannot be reactivated nor will the $25 fee be refunded.
8. ERROR RESOLUTION: If there is an error on a receipt or activity statement, or if the Cardholder would like more information about a specific transaction, the CarolinaCard office may be contacted by phone at 1-803-777-1708 or by mail within 60 days of noticing the error. In the event of verbal notification, the CarolinaCard office may require the Cardholder submit a written notification within 10 business days. If your statement shows transactions you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was provided to you, you may not get back any money you lost if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from making the transaction if you had told us in time.
9. DISCLOSURE OF ACCOUNT INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES: We will only disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make
a. where it is necessary for completing transfers
b. in order to comply with a government subpoena or court order, or
c. if you give your written permission.
10. CHANGES IN TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The University shall mail, email, or deliver a written notice at least 30 days before the effective date of any change in terms or conditions if the change would result in increased fees or charges or increased liability for the cardholder. Prior notice need not be given where an immediate change in terms or conditions is necessary to maintain or restore the security of an electronic fun transfer system or account. However, if a change is to be made permanent, the University shall provide written notice of the change to the cardholder on or with the next regularly schedule periodic statement or within 30 days unless such disclosure would jeopardize the security of the system or an account.