About the Program
The Chancellor's Ambassadors represent UofSC Aiken in the community and at university events, in an effort build and foster relationships between students, alumni and the community. As they support the work of the Chancellor and the Advancement offices, the UofSC Aiken Alumni Association Board provides guidance and direction as they will soon be future alumni leaders. Chancellor Ambassadors apply for the position and are then selected after an interview process with USC Aiken alumni and staff.
- To develop student volunteers into future alumni leaders.
- To promote goodwill and beneficial relationships between the University and other constituents.
- Assist the Office of the Chancellor with hosting special events and programs which often include important campus supporters.
- To assist students in displaying personal and professional character among all those with whom the Chancellor’s Ambassadors interact.
Request the Ambassadors for An Event
Chancellor Ambassadors are scheduled for events which directly support the activities and functions of the Chancellor’s and Advancement Offices. On rare occasions they may be present at other high profile campus events not sponsored by the these offices. If you are making a request, please complete the form linked below at least four weeks prior to the event. A response to the request will be made within a week of its submission.
Advisors for this group will include the Coordinator of the Chancellors Ambassador Program, the Director of Alumni Relations, the Vice Chancellor for Advancement and External Relations, and at least one other alumnus or alumna. A representative or designee from the Alumni Board will serve as a liaison between the Board and the Chancellor Ambassadors.
The current advisors include:
- Mary Driscoll
- Tammy Ruth
Congratulations to the following students for being named Chancellor’s Ambassadors for the 2022-2023 academic year:
The application window for the Chancellor's Ambassadors program occurs every spring semester. The deadline to apply to serve for 2023-2024 will be in March 2023. Check back here for updates.
Chancellor's Ambassadors must be sophomores, juniors or seniors. Applicants who are seniors must be able to serve the entire year and therefore cannot be December graduates unless they served as Ambassadors during their junior year.
- Develop professional relationships with alumni and community leaders at special events
- Provide student representation at Alumni Board meetings and provide student input when requested
- Attend a retreat for the Chancellor’s Ambassadors
- Serve as a representative of the university during university and community special events, including but not limited to:
- Commencement events (December and May)
- Grad Finale (one day each semester)
- Alumni Golf Tournament
- Legislative Delegation Joint Meeting
- Carolina Day at the State House
- Pacers and Polo Event
- Additional special events hosted by the Chancellor or Advancement Offices
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to respond to requests in a timely and professional manner
- Interest in leadership development
- A desire to be a positive advocate of UofSC Aiken with alumni, students, faculty & staff, and in the community
- An ability to work with others as a team player.
- Community and alumni networking opportunities
- Achievements to be recognized through UofSC Aiken publications and media opportunities
- Customized blazer and polo shirt
- Plaques/recognition to outstanding graduating seniors