Update to Students
Dear Pacers --
We are looking forward to seeing you back on campus as soon as possible.
Until that date, we want to provide you with an update.
Governor Henry McMaster has declared that South Carolina is in a state of emergency and that all institutions within the University of South Carolina System will modify operations. During this period, our primary goal is that you stay on target to successfully complete all your courses this semester while at the same time remaining healthy.
We are taking the following steps. (Additional information will be provided Monday, March 16):
- Courses that began the semester online will resume March 16, and those online classes scheduled to begin on March 16, will do so as planned.
- The university has extended spring break until March 22.
- Throughout March, Student Housing remains open. While students are not encouraged to return to campus before March 23, they may, if necessary. The Office of Housing and Residence Life Office will email more information to residents on Monday, March 16.
- Modified dining services will continue.
- During the extended spring break, your faculty who are teaching face-to-face courses this semester, are busy shifting to remote learning options, which will begin March 23 for all students currently enrolled.
- On March 23, the university's student support resources and personnel will be available to assist you.
While we transition to remote delivery of course instruction, please know that every member of our faculty and staff is committed to ensuring your successful completion of the semester.
Please look for more information on Monday, March 16.