Registration for Disability Services
Establish eligibility for disability services.
Students should complete this form if they decide to take their exams in the classroom.
Complete this form to request alternate media formats of your textbooks. The process typically takes 1-3 weeks. It is best to submit your requests prior to the beginning of each semester to ensure your books are ordered and received in a timely manner.
If you have testing accommodations that cannot be handled within your classroom, exams can be proctored by Disability Services staff.
- The professor must first have your Accommodation Form. These are provided to you by the Disability Services Coordinator, Claudette Palmer, once you have completed the registration process and orientation appointment.
- Coordinate accommodations with your professor, especially if you must take the exam at a different time from the class. (This can become an issue if your extended test-taking time interferes with another class or exam.)
- Pick up an Exam Proctoring Form and give it to your professor as necessary
- Schedule exam with Disability Services staff at 803-643-6815 at least ONE (1) WEEK in advance.
- Arrive in the office at least 10 minutes prior to your exam time. Turn off cell phones and pagers. Leave personal items outside of testing area.
- If you arrive 15 minutes or later after your exam time, you must reschedule your exam appointment.
- Bring the supplies allowed/required by your professor, e.g., scratch paper, Scantron, calculator, pencils, exam book. We do not supply Scantrons!
- You are not to leave the ATC for any reason other than an emergency once you begin your exam. Remember there might be other students who are taking exams at the same time as you. Taking an exam in the ATC is just like being in your classroom; the same rules apply.
- Arrange with your professor ahead of time the method of handling any questions you may have since they will most likely be administering the exam to the rest of the class at the same time.