Through the generosity of James L. Oswald of Aiken, the Phebe Davidson Prize is offered annually by the USC Aiken English Department to a currently enrolled full-time student at USCA whose work demonstrates superior achievement in creative writing. Submission guidelines are available in H&SS 204 and the Writing Center (H&SS 112). Entries should be submitted to Dr. Andrew Geyer (H&SS 204 A-2).
- Eligible genres are fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction and drama.
- Each student may submit multiple entries in any one or more genres; however, work should represent the student's best effort.
- Fiction: Maximum 25 pages. May be one story or chapter of a longer work.
- Poetry: Maximum 150 lines. May be one poem or a sequence of poems.
- Creative Nonfiction: Maximum 25 pages.
- Drama: Minimum one act. Maximum 25 pages. (For radio, stage, or screen)
- Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate cover sheet (available in the English Department Office).
- Submission Guidelines and Cover Sheets are available in the English Department Office and in the Writing Room.