ASSP Safety Management
ASSP's Certificate in Safety Management coursework spans a wide variety of topics — ranging from leadership skills and ethics; to developing budgets and controlling workers’ compensation costs; to designing and adjusting safety systems and programs so they meet the needs of employees and businesses.
Mandatory Courses (5.6 CEUs)
- Safety Management I
- Safety Management II (Available soon)
- Corporate Safety Management (Available soon)
Elective Courses (1.4 CEUs)
Fourteen hours of electives are needed to complete the CEU requirement for the certificate. Please check back soon to view our elective course offerings.
Safety Management I
Investing in safety management can provide numerous benefits for your organization, like building brand value and goodwill, reducing the costs of accidents and injuries, improving productivity, and building a more competent and engaged workforce.
Through examples, case studies and other resources, you will learn the fundamental elements and techniques for implementing and managing an effective safety management system at your organization.
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Use proven techniques to establish accountability for safety efforts
- Identify the elements of a safety management system and gain strategies for implementing them
- Write effective policy statements and performance standards to help the management team execute its safety responsibilities
- Promote safety to various levels in the organization
- Understand the moral, financial and legal responsibilities of today’s safety professional
- Create strategies to control workers’ compensation costs
- Budget for a safety management effort
2.10 Continuing Education Unit
October 21-23, 2019
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
This course costs $890; this price includes all course materials.