The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is needed to apply for financial aid at USC Aiken. The application is available online at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
- The 2019-2020 FAFSA is currently available and should be filed to apply for financial aid for the Fall 2019 semester, Spring 2020 semester, and Summer 2020 sessions.
- The 2020-2021 FAFSA is also currently available and should be filed to apply for financial aid for the Fall 2020 semester, Spring 2021 semester, and Summer 2021 sessions.
The FAFSA is necessary to apply for the following financial aid programs:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
- South Carolina Need-Based Grant
- Federal Work-Study
- Federal Direct Loan - Subsidized
- Federal Direct Loan - Unsubsidized
- Federal Direct Parent Loan (PLUS)
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan
- Federal T.E.A.C.H. Grant
- Limited private loans, grants or scholarships
Make sure you include our federal school code on the FAFSA. USC Aiken's school code is 003449.
Before completing the FAFSA, you will need to create an FSA ID. The video below, created by Federal Student Aid, can assist you with creating your FSA ID.
After creating your FSA ID, you can complete your FAFSA. Before completing the FAFSA, please watch the videos below. The first video will help you determine whether or not you're an independent or dependent student. The second video will assist you in completing the FAFSA.
After completing the FAFSA, the process begins of packaging your aid.