Student Employment

Federal Work-Study
To be awarded Federal Work-Study (FWS), you must apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you indicate on the FAFSA that you are interested in work-study, your application will be reviewed to determine if you are eligible for Federal Work-Study. Funds in this program are limited and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.

The Federal Work-Study Program provides USCA students with part-time, on-campus employment; community service employment; and tutoring positions. FWS awards range from $800 to $2,500 per year. For a listing of available jobs, students should refer to the Purple Briefcase website or the Student Employment Job Vacancy Board located across from the Career Services Office in the Penland Administration Building. You must be hired for a position and work in that position to receive payment. Payment is semi-monthly at an hourly rate which is determined by the University, but which is not to be less than the federal minimum wage. Your work-study award is not a guarantee of the amount which you will earn. Instead, it is an indication of the maximum amount which you could possibly earn. You must be enrolled at least half-time and be able to present documentation which verifies that you are eligible to work in the U.S. 

For additional information on the Federal Work Study program, please see the 2018-2019 Federal Work Study Brochure.

Additional Employment Opportunities
The University provides employment options in addition to the Federal Work-Study Program. Institutional employment, Community Services Program, and research/work opportunities are available. These programs provide both financial assistance and significant work experiences for students.

For more information on job opportunities, please visit the USCA Career Services website.