Freshmen who have been accepted to USC Aiken and who qualify by having an SAT score of 1170 and/or an ACT score of 24 are eligible to apply for acceptance into the Honors Program at USC Aiken. To apply, students should send (either via regular or electronic mail) their name, contact information, High School, SAT/ACT score, planned major, and class rank. In addition, the applicant should ask two high school teachers to send letters of recommendation to Dr. Michelle Vieyra, Honors Program Director. Students should also send a writing sample from a recent course.
The mailing address is 471 University Parkway, Aiken SC 29801.
Continuing university students with 45 credit hours or less and a GPA of at least 3.5 may also apply to the Honors Program.
- Unique learning experiences exclusive to Honors students
- One-on-one classroom experiences with USC Aiken faculty
- Close fellowship and study opportunities with USC Aiken’s best students
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Potential to receive an Honors scholarship
- Access to a private Honors lounge (with computers and free printing!)
- Priority Registration (You will sign up for classes first!)
- Honors Housing
- Special ceremony each year recognizing Honors graduates
- Honors graduate designation on transcript
- Competitive edge when seeking employment or acceptance into graduate/professional schools