Fall 2022 Move-In Information
University Housing is currently planning for your arrival on campus for the Fall 2022 semester. All fall residents will be contacted via both the U. S. Postal Service and your university email address after July 15, 2022.
Dates for Move-In: Saturday, August 13, Sunday, August 14, and Monday, August 15.
More information on your specific move-in time will be announced after July 15. This website will be updated with more details on move-in after July 15 as well.
Check out What to Bring and Not to Bring as you plan your arrival to campus in the fall.
Summer Semester Check-out Procedures
- Determine if you are going to check out with the standard check out or use the express check out; standard check out is available from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Before you check out, ensure that all of your personal belongings and trash are removed from the room and have the room returned to its original condition and configuration, to avoid any additional charges.
- Speak with your RM or the desk in the area office to set up an appointment to check out with your RM (if you are completing the standard check out); you will return your keys at this time.
- If using the express check-out option (available 24 hours per day), complete the Express Check-Out Form on the Housing website.
- When using the express check-out option, complete a Key Return and Check-Out envelope at the area office and return it in the drop box in your building. Ask the RM On-Duty for assistance, if you have questions.
- All residents must be checked out 24 hours after their last exam or by 10:00 a.m. on Friday, August 5, 2022, whichever comes first.
- Only those residents who have been assigned for Fall 2022 Housing may remain after that date and time.
Fines and Damage Fees
- Please know that any damages to the conditions of the room or the furniture may result in damage fees; fees are found in the Community Guide on pages 28-30.
- Failure to check out in the process outlined above will result in an improper check-out fine of $50.00.
- Failure to check out by the dates and times listed above (24 hours after the last exam or by 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, May 5, 2022, whichever comes first) may result in a late check-out fine; fines are found in the Community Guide on pages 28-30.
- Both the room and mailbox keys are to be returned at check out; failure to do so may result in a fee of $100.00 for the room key and $5.00 for the mailbox key.
Security Deposit Refunds
Security Deposit Refunds are processed by UofSC Aiken and then forwarded to USC Columbia for checks to be issued. Please make sure you update your mailing address in Self-Service Carolina (SSC) so that your deposit refund check gets mailed to the correct address. This process takes 6-8 weeks. Any outstanding fees or fines will be deducted from the security deposit. Additionally, if you are departing mid-semester and breaking your Housing Contract, you may not be eligible for the return of your Security Deposit.