Fall 2021 Move-In Information
Spring 2022 Move-In Information
The University Housing Application for Spring 2022 is now available. Please submit an application and pay the Housing Application Fee and Housing Deposit through the Housing Student Portal. Information about room assignments and move-in will be sent out to each new resident and posted on the University Housing website in the third week of November 2021. Please check back here for more information after that time.
COVID-19 Testing Requirements for Residential Students
All students residing in UofSC Aiken University Housing must provide proof of one of the following at the time of check-in:
- Proof of vaccination
- A negative COVID-19 test conducted no more than ten (10) days prior to arrival on campus
- Proof of a positive COVID-19 test within the past 90 days but not within the last 10 days
Are there things that I should or should not bring?
Yes on both accounts. Please check out our helpful What to Bring list as you plan for moving into University Housing in August. You may also find information on the size of the rooms and the windows on that webpage.
Fall Semester Check-out Procedures
- Speak with your RM or Assistant Director in the area office where you live before leaving.
- Once you have checked out with the RMs, please complete the Express Check-Out Form.
- If checking out when the area office is closed, complete a Key Return and Check-Out envelope at the area office and return it in the dropbox. Ask your RM or the RM On-Duty for assistance.
Fines and Damage Fees
- Please know that any damages to the conditions of the room or the furniture may result in damage fees; fees are found in the Community Guide on pages 28-30.
- Failure to check out in the process outline above will result in an improper check-out fine of $50.00.
- Both the room and mailbox keys are to be returned at check out; failure to do so may result in a fee of $100.00 for the room key and $5.00 for the mailbox key.
Security Deposit Refunds
Security Deposit Refunds are processed by UofSC Aiken and then forwarded to USC Columbia for checks to be issued. Please make sure you update your mailing address in Self-Service Carolina (SSC) so that your deposit refund check gets mailed to the correct address. This process takes 6-8 weeks. Additionally, if you are departing mid-semester and breaking your Housing Contract, you may not be eligible for the return of your Security Deposit.