What is PEAK?
The Pacers Engaged and Attaining Knowledge (PEAK) Program’s sole mission is to welcome students into the USC Aiken family and guide them all the way to graduation. The program aims to be an innovative initiative bridging the gap between upperclassmen and underclassmen while creating an eco-system of support that leads to sustainable retention rates.
The purpose of PEAK is to connect underserved and underrepresented student populations to student and professional mentors who can assist them in developing themselves academically, personally, and professionally. The program also seeks to increase retention and graduation rates of students from underserved/underrepresented backgrounds.
Our goal with PEAK is to pair freshmen and sophomore students with juniors and seniors while simultaneously pairing upperclassmen with professional mentors within their designated industry. The intention is to create a ripple effect of professional development and partnerships to spark long-term success throughout the realms of education and professionalism.
How to Apply
To apply for PEAK, you must meet the eligibility requirements listed below. Also, be aware that mentees and mentors must meet once a month throughout both fall and spring semesters and attend at least one of the professional development workshops. Submission of a one page personal development reflection is required each semester as well.
- Must be a USC Aiken junior or senior.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA in good standing with the university.
- Genuine interest in developing mentor and mentee relationships.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must have comfort with communicating with diverse student populations.
- Must be able to commit to all PEAK program monthly requirements.
- Must commit to submission of end of semester report.