Below are guidelines regarding site organization. These guidelines also suggest what kind of content should be included in a department's website.
Please note that not all the suggested categories can fit on the horizontal menu.
Suggested Organization for Academic Departments
- (optional)Why Study (area of study)?
- Faculty Profiles (directory)
- Faculty Accomplishments (recent grants, publications, etc)
- Contact Us
- (optional) Student Testimonials
- (optional) Community Partnerships
- What Can I Do With This Major?
- link to Career Services at USC Aiken
- (optional) Advice from Grads
- (optional) Where Are They Now? (updates on alumni)
- Page for each degree
- Advisement Checklists
- (optional) Course Descriptions
- (optional) Required projects / internships
- (optional) Honor Society associated with department
- Research Opportunities
- Center for Research Excellence (link)
- Seminar Schedule
- (optional) Scholarships
- Student Organizations
- Programs (Study Abroad, etc)
- (optional) Student Handbook (department-specific)
- (optional) Workshops
- (optional) Useful Links
- Tutoring (link to Academic Success Center)
- Where Are They Now? (updates on recent grads)
- Update Your Record (link to form on Alumni Relations website)
- Department Newsletter
- Faculty News
- Student News