Palmetto College’s Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication is designed to help students become ethical and competent communicators who can use their knowledge of communication to enhance their individual and professional development, improve their personal relationships, and effectively serve their communities.
Students majoring in Communication at UofSC Aiken will have the skills need to succeed in various career fields.
- Develop strong oral and written communication skills
- Learn how to work well within a team
- Gain familiarity with various technologies
- Examine communication processes in interpersonal relationships, small group and public settings and within organizations, in cultures, and in the mass media
Program Eligibility & Requirements
To be eligible for this program, students must have the following:
- Total Credit Hours Earned: 45-60
- Overall GPA: 2.0
- Recommended completion of the following courses:
- Composition and Literature
- Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication
- Natural Science with a Lab
- Two Social/Behavioral Science courses
- Humanities course
- World Civilization
- American Government or American History
Students who have not completed these requirements can do so at any of our Palmetto College campuses statewide, or at any technical college. To find out if you are qualified to apply for this program, please contact a Palmetto College advisor.
About This Program
Total requirements for this degree: 120 hours
GPA: 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
Students taking a full-time course load can potentially complete this degree in 2 years if they have at least 60 degree applicable transfer hours.