Weather and Emergency Alerts
Weather Alert Guidelines
To support you as you support your student, and to keep you informed as much as possible, please consider the below points in case of inclement weather at USC Aiken.
- Safety is our top priority.
- Encourage your students to check their email frequently.
- If classes are cancelled, the university will remain open with services available, including University Police, dining services, and housing.
- Campus leaders will remain on campus to assist students.
- In case we experience a power outage, generators will be used to power key offices and services.
- Encourage your student to charge cell phones, laptops, and other devices in advance of inclement weather.
- The safest place for resident students is on campus. Please encourage them to stay safe and off the roads.
- USC Aiken is the evacuation point for USC Beaufort students and employees. If necessary, accommodations will be made for them on campus.
- Encourage your students to stay tuned to their local forecast.
- If your student must travel, encourage them to be aware of the traveling conditions along their routes and make necessary judgments regarding amendments to their plans.
Monitor USC Aiken's web site for updates.
Sign Up for Emergency Text Messages
Text message alerts are used primarily for emergencies, but are tested from time to time and may include non-emergency messages. You may sign up for emergency text messages by following the instructions below :
- Go to www.getrave.com on a computer and enter USCA in the "Enter Your Site's Name" section; select the University of South Carolina Aiken
- Click the REGISTER button.
- Follow each step and enter information, including your name and mobile phone number. Complete all steps to register.