Advisement and Registration
Please check the Academic Calendar for advisement and registration dates.
- The first step in participating in Priority Registration is to make an appointment with your advisor. This is something you will need to do yourself, usually by using a signup sheet on your advisor’s office door.
- You should already know your VIP ID and have your password from the last time you registered. If not, then click this link to reset these important numbers and store them in a safe place:
- Log in to Self Service Carolina. After logging in, click on the Student tab, then the Registration tab, and finally Registration Status. From here you will be able to see when your time ticket for spring registration and any holds that may prevent you from registering.
- Meet with your academic advisor before registering for classes.
- Register for classes. Once you are able to register (at any point after your scheduled time ticket), login to Self Service Carolina, click on the Student tab, then the Registration tab, and then Add or Drop Classes. From here you can also search on the schedule by specific classes.
Need help with registration? Contact a staff member in the Records Office located in 109/Penland Administration Building or (803) 641-3550.
Drop/Add and Section Changes
The deadlines for registration and other transactions can be found in our academic calendar.
For Students Taking Summer Classes
Because summer school is in a condensed format, please note that there is a very limited amount of time in which to complete your transactions and determine if you later need to drop a class.