Each year, thousands of K-12 school children visit the planetarium during the school day for exciting programs that meet science standards. These programs are reserved and scheduled like other student programs at the Ruth Patrick Science Education Center. We also conduct specialized programs for university classes. If you would like to bring your university group to the planetarium, find out more about our private shows.
The DuPont Planetarium is open for public showings every Saturday. All shows last one hour unless otherwise noted. Each show includes a live "sky tonight" portion. Take a look at our public show schedule to find out what's playing now, or read through descriptions of all our shows to plan something down the road. Weather permitting, the RPSEC Observatory, housing the Bechtel Telescope, will be open for viewing after each show.
- $6.50 -- Adults
- $5.50 -- Senior Citizens
- $4.50 -- 4K-12 students
- $2.00 -- USCA Students, Faculty and Staff (with ID)
1/2-hour SEED Shows
- $3.00 -- Adults
- $2.00 -- Senior Citizens/4K-12 Students/USCA
- 50% off ticket prices with college or military ID
- $50.00 -- Annual Membership Card
- $200.00 -- Private Showing for up to 57 people
For safety reasons and the consideration of other paying guests, children under 4 years of age are not permitted in the planetarium.
While you're waiting for your show, be sure to take a look around. We have a walk-in kaleidoscope, geology displays and even planet scales where you can see how much you would weigh throughout the solar system! You can find out more about the planetarium before your visit.
- $200.00 — Private Planetarium show (show usually lasts about an hour) (maximum of 45 people)
- $100.00 — Observatory private viewing – weather permitting (1 hour) ($50.00 with Planetarium show)
- $50.00 — Lunchroom usage (set-up time before show plus 1 ½ hours after show)
- $10.00/hr — House Manager (required outside of regular business hours)
- USCA Sponsored Groups - $125
- This rate is for showings sponsored by official USCA entities.
- USCA Student Groups - Door cost: $50 minimum
- Any student club or organization acknowledged by the student activities office is eligible for this rate. Door cost is $2.00 per USC-Aiken student (with ID). The rates for guests of USC-Aiken students fall under the normal price schedule for public planetarium shows.
- USCA Classes - no charge
- Faculty wishing to bring their classes to the planetarium as part of a course may do so at no charge. Scheduling arrangements must be made with the planetarium personnel.
- Other Educational Entities - $145
- Groups from other universities or other educational associations.
- USCA Faculty, Staff or Students - $125
- This extends the USCA discount to individuals working, or attending school, at USCA who want to have a private party here. As a special bonus, this price includes use of the lunchroom.
Reservations are based on staff availability. We need 2-3 weeks notice, but prefer 4 weeks. A $50.00 deposit is required to hold your reservation. The balance is due upon your arrival. Please make checks payable to USCA. An event may be cancelled more than 24 hours in advance for a refund of the deposit minus a $5 handling fee. In the event that no notice is given and no one shows up for an event, we will keep the $50.00 deposit.
If you use the lunchroom, we prefer to present the show before refreshments. You are welcome to come and decorate before your program. There is a full fridge/freezer available for your use. You can bring cake and ice cream, but other foods should be ordered through the Campus Dining Services (641-3293). You are responsible for removing all items from the lunchroom before leaving. Trash cans will be available.
Annual Membership Card
The Annual Membership Card allows one person (named on the card) to attend unlimited shows at the DuPont Planetarium for one year from the date of purchase. The member may also bring up to 6 guests during this time. The member must accompany all guests. Reservations are recommended.