Private Show Pricing
- $200.00 — Private Planetarium show (show usually lasts about an hour) (maximum of 57 people)
- $100.00 — Observatory private viewing – weather permitting (1 hour) ($50.00 with Planetarium show)
- $50.00 — Lunchroom usage (set-up time before show plus 1 ½ hours after show)
- $10.00/hr — House Manager (required outside of regular business hours)
Private Show for USC Aiken Faculty, Staff, or Students - $125
- This extends the USC Aiken discount to individuals working, or attending school, at USC Aiken who want to have a private party here. As a special bonus, this price includes the use of the lunchroom.
USC Aiken Sponsored Groups - $125
- This rate is for showings sponsored by official USC Aiken entities.
USC Aiken Student Groups - Door cost: $50 minimum
- Any student club or organization acknowledged by the student activities office is eligible for this rate. The door cost is $2.00 per USC-Aiken student (with ID). The rates for guests of USC Aiken students fall under the normal price schedule for public planetarium shows.
USC Aiken Classes - no charge
- Faculty wishing to bring their classes to the planetarium as part of a course may do so at no charge. Scheduling arrangements must be made with the planetarium personnel.
Other Educational Entities - $145
- Groups from other universities or other educational associations.
Reservations are based on staff availability. We need 2-3 weeks' notice, but we prefer four weeks. A $50.00 deposit is required to hold your reservation. The balance is due upon your arrival. Please make checks payable to USCA. An event may be canceled more than 24 hours in advance for a refund of the deposit minus a $5 handling fee. In the event that no notice is given and no one shows up for an event, we will keep the $50.00 deposit.
If you use the lunchroom, we prefer to present the show before refreshments. You are welcome to come and decorate before your program. There is a full fridge/freezer available for your use. You can bring cake and ice cream, but other foods should be ordered through the Campus Dining Services (641-3293). You are responsible for removing all items from the lunchroom before leaving. Trash cans will be available.