Counselor assisting a student

Use Your Benefits

Veteran and Military Student Success

Please complete your enrollment certification for the upcoming semester(s) to notify the VMSS officials of your use of educational benefits. If you are attending classes through UofSC Aiken, online or on campus, you can submit the online certification below prior to the start of each semester in order for the Office of Veteran and Military Success to certify your courses to the VA Education and Training Department.

IgnitedIf you're using ArmyIgnitED for tuition assistance, complete the Army Tuition Assistance Course Enrollment form at least  ten days prior to the first day of each semester.

GI BillFor all other VA/DoD/State Military Education Benefits Certification Requests, please see the below instructions:  

How to Certify Your Enrollment

Prior to completing the certification form below, you should complete the following applicable steps:

  • Register for your classes via Self Service Carolina.
  • Complete any degree or major changes through your academic unit.
  • Ensure your academic advisor placed your course selection options in your DegreeWorks Notes Section.
  • Have an electronic version of your Concise Student Schedule (because of VA regulations, we will only certify the specific courses you are advised to take and listed within your DegreeWorks Notes section).
  • Have an electronic version of your DegreeWorks Notes.
  • Have an electronic copy of your most recent Certificate of Eligibility (Post 9/11 GI Bill® only).
    • Note: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

During the online certification process, you will need to upload the electronic forms mentioned above. If you need to submit a prior term request, please send us an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..