About the B.A. in Communication
Communication is one of the most popular university majors in the United States because effective communication is essential to your personal and professional success. It is the only academic discipline focusing exclusively on exchanging messages to create meaning. We explore what, when, where, and why humans interact. Learning about communication theories, research, and best practices makes you a better communicator in relationships, in teams, and at work.
Employers want graduates with strong communication skills, including written, oral, and visual communication skills. You will consistently practice communication skills in our core curriculum. We are committed to helping you use the knowledge and abilities you learn in our classes to be strategic communicators, influential industry leaders, and engaged citizens.
- Comm A190: Intro to Communication
- COMM A241: Public Speaking
- COMM A320: Research Methods in Communication
- COMM A332: Writing Across the Media
- COMM A352: Media and Culture
- COMM A376: Visual Communication
- COMM A345: Workplace Communication
- COMM A450: Intercultural Communication
- COMM A497 OR A499: Capstone