The deadline for Fall 2021 applications is closed.
The deadline for Fall 2022 applications is April 1, 2022.
Acceptance by the Department of Psychology will be done on the basis of the applicant's total academic profile.
This profile includes:
- A completed application to the Graduate Office, University South Carolina Aiken.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with at least 15 hours in psychology.
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (minimum of 3.00 overall undergraduate GPA and Psychology GPA preferred).
- Three letters of recommendation, two of which must be from faculty in an academic setting.
- Interview with member of admissions committee (in person or by video conference).
Note: The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required and will not be considered for applications submitted for 2021 admissions.
The USC Aiken Psychology Department is committed to recruiting students representing a variety of societal subgroups and subcultures.
Admission may be granted at one of two levels:
Full admission status: Applications with satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination, satisfactory references and undergraduate records indicating good academic performance, or
Provisional status: Applicants who intend to seek a graduate degree, but lack sufficient requirements for full admission status, or who intend to transfer to another college or university. Students admitted under the provisional status must attain full admission status if they wish to enroll for more than 12 hours or for applied core or advanced courses. To gain full admission status, students must have a 3.0 GPA following their 12 hours of credit.
The curriculum is designed to allow students to pursue their degree as either part-time or full-time students.
Admission to and progress in the graduate program requires adherence to ethical standards and the presence of emotional stability.